Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Texas May: Butterflies come to Tea Time

How can you be light hearted? Setting a table with butterflies! See the lovely bright pink butterfly sitting among the blossoms.

Fanciful butterflies fill the china with images of imaginative color.


The centerpiece is a large white ceramic pitcher filled with flowers for an array of matching colors to the china.


A trailing bow of shocking green and brilliant pink and white polka dot ribbon is tied to the pitcher's handle.


Each piece of the butterfly china is decorated with vibrant colors, beginning with the butterfly centered in the middle of the bowl.



The salad is encircled with butterflies and lovely pink blossom.


The dinner plate has the butterflies darting back and forth across the plate to seem as if they are actually fluttering.


The bright pink place plate a has ruffled rim for more movement to accompany the brilliant colored butterflies. The white woven round place mat gives a break in color from the pink texture of the tulle.


The light rays shimmer through the tall bright pink glass candle holders.


The two napkins accompany the interlocking bright pink napkin ring as it reiterates the same colors. A bright pink napkin is wrapped inside the white napkin edged in a lavender blue trim.


The mug repeats the flight of the butterfly on the outside. The clean white flatware is another repeat of light against the pink tablecloth.


The brilliant pink color in the crystal cut water goblet and flute is adding sparkle.


The lovely pale pink blossom in the middle of the bouquet is very similar to the flower on the china.


The sunlight filters through the windows and shines on the table set for light hearted meal.


A multi-colored butterfly echoes the light and airy but brightly colored china.


The table began with porcelain by 222 Fifth "Spring Beauty" purchased as a break from the cold of winter. Each part of the table from the stemware and candle holders from Italy has a bright pink color pallet. The tulle is to soften the white tablecloth underneath.

12 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

What a fun, bright and delightful table. I love the butterfly china and have never seen it before. The glasses are lushious. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by, My Old Historic House.

♥ Miss Tea said...

oh wow, love the table setting you made, so fun and bright with the butterflies on the flowers and the china, love the ribbonw on the flowers, the vase is gorgeous as well as the pink plate, love it! thanks for dropping by, i got my cross stitch pattern from a magazine called "cross stitcher" here in the UK :)

PuteriFauziah said...

Hi! Thank you for dropping by my blog and also for the great wishes! :)

I'm now following your gorgeous blog and it'd be great if you can follow me too! :)

Hugs, PuteriFauziah

Diann said...

What a fun and pretty table! I LOVE your stemware! Just beautiful!

Donna Heber said...

I just love your beautiful butterfly table setting! Your pink crystal goblets and flute create such sparkle! Thank you for stopping to visit me. Have a great day!

Maggie said...

Such a pretty and colourful table perfect setting, just the ticket for a special high tea time.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

This is so beautiful!The table setting reminds me of a spring garden... so cheerful. I love love love those gorgeous Italian China and stemware... the pink crystal glasses are exquisite! Loved all the little butterfly touches on your tablescape... Beautiful post! Thanks for stopping by the other day and for your lovely comment. Really appreciate it!~Poppy

I have a Mother's Day post on dancing butterfly plates,drop in sometime, if you get a chance:

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/2011/05/mothers-like-flowers-in-garden-of-life.html

Unknown said...

this is absolutely stunning!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi Texas Lady'
I love your Butterfly Tablescape so sweet. with the lovely china, I would love to follow you !!! I just did a Tablescape with Butterflys also. you need to come see if you would. If you are ever down in Lague City, Texas. I would love to take you to lunch for some Sea Food.. I hope you can get back to me!!! SOME HOW. I hope you have a great week with your family, Oh by the way I love your Beautiful ceterpiece.
XXOO Diane

Elizabethd said...

Lovely table settings!
Thank you for your visit to my blog, always nice to meet new people!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love your Beautiful Tablescape with your gorgeous china.I love all the colors you have put together for your dinner party. I wish you had a box for your follower I would follow you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
Diane
You need to post more tablescapes..

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a fun! Each and every single picture is gorgeous.Love your bright and delightful settings. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)